[pct-l] re:C.smith `Trail Blues' theory

...i really enjoyed reading your theory on the `trail blues' - i think
there is a fair number of hikers that go out there to face those
metaphysical issues above all else... i know that's what the first draw to
the Trail was for me.  As `spiritual' paths often go, it has led me into a
more mundane reality i didn't anticipate but have learned a LOT from.... I
thought about just hightailing it into the Olympic Mtns. here and
disappearing for a summer, but realized it might be better to do the PCT
first because there's more people to cross paths with, and also there is
more discipline involved... it can keep you going even when you feel like
giving up.   Maybe when I'm stronger I'll make that REAL solo journey....
i've been well on my way to facing the `accountability of the self', well
understanding some of the issues you confronted, for i live in the silence
and solitude of an `unplugged' home in a forest... though it feels i never
get to spend and idle time there these days.  For some of us who wander
through this world, learning to live with your self can be a lifelong
journey.  To others, it isn't necessary to search for that inner strength
and comfort.  I envy them.
  My strengths are in insight, determination, and love.... I am not the
most experienced hiker, aside from some of the longer Olympic trails...
which is why i appreciate the input and feedback on this list.  My notes
are in time to a different drum, I give what I have to offer.   Well, it's
time for me to leave the technoworld and head back to my real life, I'll
leave this list to the rest of you for awhile.  Thank you for hearing me!
 Shoshanna Coyote-Rains