Re: [pct-l] bear advice on JMT

Bob and others- Another alternative to using Vermillion for a food drop
is Muir Ranch. It is more pricey: $45 for a 5 gallon bucket. The
advantage for a N>S hiker on the JMT is that it is 20 miles closer to
Whitney Portals and the end of the JMT. It is also closer to the Trail
than Vermillion.  We still plan on using Vermillion for a shower and a
hot meal...but may opt for a food pickup at Muir. We also have 2 friends
joining us near Bishop who may hump some food in for us.
Happy trails
Tom in Sacramento