[pct-l] Shoshanna & PCT

Well, the computer idiot of the century has finally managed to get herself
onto this digest!  Greetings and salutations, y'all, I've been following
the Digest periodically for a couple months, now.... I'm going to start my
thru-hike mid/late April.  A few comments, questions, etc:
		`Hiker up for Adoption' - can anyone help me get out of San Diego?  I'm
probably bussing it down there from Seattle, unless I can nab a plane
ticket for about the same or less.  Looks like I've hooked up with another
woman from the E. Coast to start the Trail with, so she's sniffing out
trails to other `Hiker Adopters' who'll offer kindness.... but you can
never have too many `COYOTES' on the same track!  Still looking for other
gals/guys to hike together with, too.... I'm a slave to selfishness and
pack MY OWN gear, I like to have the liberty of disappearing with the wind
when I so desire....
	BEARS - I plan on putting bells on my foodbag line & carrying firecrackers
- do you think that I'll wake up to hear the raid & be able to scare them
away, or am I a fool for so believing?
	TIPS: Tea Tree oil is worth packing - great for foot funk, head itchies,
B.O., wound cleaning, etc. - I'm bringing my own essential oil mix of
mostly tea tree oil, plus eucalyptus, lavendar, rosemary, and jojoba - big
bottle in drift box, 1-oz vial in pack.  Cayenne can help arrest
hypothermia - get highest HU rating capsules you can find, when you first
come down with them nasty shivers, pop a few, layer up, warm up, do what
you gotta do - digestive discomfort is worth saving your sorry @#*.  Also,
numb, frozen toes?  Put a tiny pinch of cayenne in your sock toe - them
tootsies will be toastin' on and on and on.  Learn yoga or a good daily
stretch routine!
	Brown rice pasta is a tastier, high-carb alternative to corn pasta.
Put enough garlic/onion powder on anything and it won't matter what it
tastes like!  Quinoa is a high-carbohydrate and complete protien grain.
Try packing `Nutri Yeast' - brewer's yeast flakes - as a tasty dish jazzier
and bug deterrent.
	No more time to ramble,  THANK YOU beautiful people for the chat, rant,
and info, see you on the trail!  Shoshanna Coyote-Rains