Re: [pct-l] Feet, Percentages, Heat, Etc

In a message dated 2/12/99 5:13:23 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
goforth@cio.net writes:

<< What do you think contributed to this foot
 problem? >>

I'm not David, but I think I know how his foot problems began and that's with
a heavy boot such as the Limmer.  I started the AT with similar heavy boots
(Fabiano Rios) and paid the price, with much pain including stress fractures
(that took hundreds of miles and many months to get over).  I finally got a
ligher weight more flexible soled boot and the pain disappeared.  I can only
attribute this to the weight and inflexibility of a heavy leather boot, which
I don't believe is made for hiking long miles, day after day.  Plus when wet
they tended to stay wet.

Needless to say, even though they've been resoled and look like new after 700
miles i won't be wearing them once on the PCT.  Plus they have seemed to
gotten shorter with resoling and don't fit.  Anyone willing to but them cheap,
they'd be great for weekenders!

Just my opinion,  Sly