Re: [pct-l] Willow Spring (Section F) Water

At 03:29 PM 2/9/99 EST, Charlie wrote:
>Willow Spring appears on map F9 in the PCT Guide. According to the above
>message, Willow Spring was "improved ... several years ago."
>
>Did anyone on this list visit Willow Spring in 1998? What is your opinion of
>Willow Spring's water quality (assuming you were there since the
>"improvement")?

Yes, we stopped there last year. The seep area has been fenced off to keep
the multitudes of resident cattle from  walking around the springs source.
For those who have not been there, there is a large water detention pond
right next to the new water spigot. The area around the pond, and the
exclosure is all cow shit and some dirt. Inside the exclosure you can see
some cow patties that didn't look all that fresh. I didn't investigate how
they had constructed the cistern, but my guess is that the water is still
not safe to drink for most people without treatment.

Mark Dixon