[pct-l] Re: wild animal deterrent

>Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:57:05 -0800
>From: "Hurricane Helen" <hhloth@neworld.net>
>Somebody mentioned using mountain lion pee (AKA as ammonia) around
>food rope
>to dissuade bears.  Were they pulling my leg or has someone else used
>this?

	not sure this would work because I've heard of different species
scenting the same tree which happens to be a junction point of their
different trails.   I'm thinking of Lions and Brown Hyenas though.  I do
think I remember hearing about people carrying ammonia though.  I
remember reading a Dean Koontz book called Intensity in which the
protagonist escaped from the antagonists killer attack dogs with a spray
bottle filled with ammonia and some other household cleaning agent.

lest I digress anymore,
        			Namaste,
		                 Tim Fearn

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]