Re: [pct-l] Duct tape Foes

Montedodge wrote,

>Hey all you little duct tape doubters out there....
I will never use anything else for blisters. Those who disagree have either
never used it or work for
Johnson and Johnson

Yes, duct tape is great stuff. As is J&J's Elastikon tape. As are other
tapes that other people have found works for them. Some folks cannot use
duct tape because of the adhesive--finding they get a skin reaction. Others
like a tape that drys out and allows their feet to air. Still others do not
like to have duct tape on the skin for several days at a time because it
closes off the skin to all air--and they can get a reaction or itching when
the tape is removed.

The question is simply finding which tape is best for your feet and for your
situation.  Duct tape is great, so are others. In most situations, I still
use good old duct tape. And I don't work for J&J!

John Vonhof
vonhof@pacbell.net
author: FIXING YOUR FEET: Preventive Maintenance and Treatments for Foot
Problems of Runners, Hikers, and Adventure Racers
web site: http://www.footworkpub.com/feet/index.htm (check out the book
here)