[pct-l] Large Scale Maps for California

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:38:09 EST5EDT, Brooks Hull wrote:

>My wife wants to keep track of my progress on the California portion
>of the PCT this summer.  Nathan mentioned the Delorme Atlas and two
>USGS map series.  Does anyone know the names of the large-scale USGS
>maps for California?

I got one of those large scale CA maps on my living room wall.  Here the
scoop:

  Size:  42" x 64"
  Company: Raven Maps & Images
  Phone:   800-237-0798
  Scale:   1:750,000  or 1" = 12 miles

This is a relief map which shows great detail of the mountains, desert and
of course the hiways.  I got mine at the Map Store in Santa Clara, Ca.