[pct-l] outta my face/thanks/etc

 Owen <jrowen@ibm.net> writes:
> and much less than she deserves.  She should be
>thankful for that.  [snip]  Keep in mind that it was Ms Jensen who
announced to one list
>member that she was having a feud with me on the list.  But she hasn't
>bothered to tell me that yet. [more of same]

     This isn't the first time that one of my titles (room4everybody) has
been continuingly used to, uh, "continue a discussion." <wry grimace>
Please, gentle readers, keep in mind that _I_ am not the author of these
postings, nor is the topic legitimately about _me_. Last week I sent a
noncombattive post which offered a suggestion that we share our various
interests without rancor, and not allow ourselves to be divided or pitted
against enemy "outsiders" - that's all.

       The increasingly addled personal smears and demands to answer
trumped-up charges from one subscriber are obviously best left ignored,
and I've done so, online and off. (For legal reasons, and to spare some
subscribers unnecessary distress <g> I'm forced to keep replying to the
ongoing campaign to "out" me as a Park Ranger - hope everybody
understands that....) I have not shared anything but dismay over these
horrible recent postings with _anyone_ on the pct-l (I think no one is
overreacting to see them as "attacks"), and I have never so much as
hinted at a "feud" with any list member  - even my attacker - at any
time. Furthermore, I feel increasingly uneasy reading sentiments that [I]
"should be grateful" for not getting what I "deserve" - brrrrr!

      Thanks for all the e-mail condolences and expressions of support,
you guys. This business (which I suspect began over my defense  of a
woman whose private outrage at a subscriber's website advocacy of
stringing barbed-wire across trails was posted publicly) has been going
on/off for quite a long time, and has resulted in my near-total retreat
to e-mail-only list participation, as many of you have commented on. I'm
at times quite frightened by the situation (and distressed that some of
you have received fallout from it when my attacker imagined an
"association" between us), but I shall not set the cowardly example of
letting any bully, no matter how vicious, push me from the pct-l now!

       I hope those of you who find this business distastful have had the
good sense to hit the Delete key when you read the headers. Anybody who's
tempted to "enter the fray" by discussing me might want to go to the
(enormous, I realize) effort of digging up my posts from the Archives and
 reading the actual words I've posted to this list, rather than someone
else's smarmy spin......
       Also (pardon my paranoia) to any of you who've met me personally,
seen my photos, or been the  recipient of private chatty mails from me
about my job/family/hometown/trips: please, please keep that sort of
information to yourselves for the time being until we're all confident
these posts are just alot of hot cyber-air - TIA.    bj

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]