Re: [pct-l] Re: Change your life

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Hummel <ghummel@hydrogenburner.com>

:"A bit of philosophy:
:The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough.
:It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?  A death.
:What's that, a bonus?
:I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out
:of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when
:you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty
:years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs,
:alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school,
:you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a
:little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months
:floating...
:You finish off as an orgasm."

Oh, boy--you should take a look at _Time's Arrow_, a book by Martin Amis.
It's the story of a guy who's living his whole life backwards. There are a
great many peculiar ramifications of this. For example, the typical love
affair starts off with suddenly finding oneself in an angry argument with
someone you don't even know, leads through fighting and pouting, to
lovemaking, to kissing and hugging, to feeling real mushy about each other,
to going to movies and dinner, to being introduced, to never seeing each
other again. Don't even try imagining what dinner is like -- I said don't
imagine it!!  :-)

But do imagine this guy doing a thru-hike!!

Karen