Re: [pct-l] Life Changing experience...

My wife and I have had several "Angels on the Trail" experiences. [Don't
make too much of the *Angels* part. I suspect everybody intreprets these
experiences in terms of their own beliefs.]

The first time that I remember was on the Tahoe-to-Yosemite Trail. Part of
this is a trailway down to camp Irene. A trailway is not a trail and our
family was in clear danger of getting lost. Up showed this guy who asked to
hike with us. He knew the way and we were safe. He disappeared the next
day.

But the most unexplanable experience was when *I became the Angel*. We were
dropping a car off at Kearsarge pass when I saw a party of four hurrying
down the trail. I thought of waiting but decided no, I am in a hurry and I
don't have room for them. Then . . .for no apparant reason  . . . . I drove
to the trailhead and asked if they needed any help?This was a sort of *out
of body experience*  I kind of watched myself do this--drive to the
trailhead and hear myself speak "Do you need help?"

"Are you an Angel!" they replied. I didn't answer but some how we were able
to fit four full packs into a trunk that never fit more than two before.
They squished into the back seat and we dropped them in Bishop [where we
were going]. They asked again "Are an Angel?" I smiled and disappeared.

As you may expect, my personal "life changing experience" was religious,
not trail, oriented . . . but the trail certainly has renewed it.

Tom