Re: [pct-l] Room for everybody

In a message dated 2/1/99 12:56:09 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
bigdaddy290@juno.com writes:

<<  The most important thing to remember for the thruhiker is
 that no one way is the best and if they somehow feel enlightened and
 better because they thruhike than I feel sorry for them.  I think then
 they miss out on a lot >>

I suppose that's solid advice

I personally do not believe there is  "one way" for a thru-hike or any other
walk of life, for that matter.  And I try hard to respect everyones opinion,
but I happen to see the world in a different light and during my thru-hike, I
will feel enlightened and better for myself and frankly that's a hard teach.

Most don't travel 2000 miles plus by foot without having some humility.  On
the other hand, we don't appreciate getting ragged on either.

Sly