Re: [pct-l] Ice Axe, Crampons, Grippers, Ice Stabilizers.

Campmor has a pair of what you're talking about in their catalog.
They're made by Climb High and look great for simple walking on ice. My
concern with them is that the four points are all under the instep and
because where there is anything steep I tend to use my toes a great deal
and there are no points there, I wonder whether they'd almost be worse
than nothing. Stabilicers are wonderful but heavy and not great on
really slick ice. Sounds like what you're talking about is different.
Maybe the things in Campmor are what you're calling stabilicers. Lots of
different possibilities here. Certainly regular crampons would be major
overkill, IMHO.

Namaste, m (PCTCoach)
--

Margo Chisholm
The Freedom Coach

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are."
-- e.e. Cummings