[pct-l] Grizzly need proof?

Attention Karen Elder, I do not write something down on this site on bears
that I don,t have first hand knownledge of. There are Grizzlies in Washington
and if you get off the beaten path,you will find them! I have personly seen
One 150 feet below fire mountain pass in Glaicier Peak wilderness Area, but I
didn,t stay around to take Its picture. This was not a Cinnamon color
blackbear either. I have seen hundreds of bear in my hiking  in Washington
here in my lifetime. King-Five  News PM magazine news did a great TV special
about a year ago with the game dept. on Grizzlies in Wash. after years of
people reported seeing them. Finally , one of the wildlfe agents got out of
the coffee shop long enough to see one themselves, ( Sow dragging elk carcass
near Cle Elem which is close to Snoqoulmie Pass.) These bear range over 100
miles, so are hard to keep track of without radio collars. 5 different bears
are thought to be in North Cascades. The bears do not read border signs well
and come down from BC . Several Grizzlies HAVE been tagged in the Selkirk
mountains of Washington where 25 are thought to live. Washington also has
timber wolves in North Cascades which the game dept. doesn,t like to admit
unless pushed either. Our bears here are not as bad here because of hunting
which makes them a little more lerry. Cougars will be more of a problem in
Wash. than bears because of a new anti-dog hunting law in this state. Several
Cougar attacks happen each year with the numbers going up . I also hunt here
in Washinton, deer ,elk and bear and talk to other hunters on different bear
and wolf sighting. I may not know everything about goretex or corn pasta but I
know about Washington bears and don,t like to see bad infor go up on this site
unchallanged. Monte pct thu-hiker 77