[pct-l] Washington Grizzlies

As a lifetime resident of Washington, I can tell you that there is Grizzlies
in the Cascade Mountains between the border and ranging down as far as Cle
Elum. A Sow was spotted dragging an Elk carcass just out of Cle Elum two years
ago by a Wildlife Agent. A total of 5 different bears are thought to be in the
North Cascades plus 25 more in the Selkirk Area of Washinton next to Idaho. (
They also have the last herd of woodland carabou in the lower 48 in the
selkirk mts. of about 40 animals) I wouldn,t worry though, they are very shy
here and will stay clear of trail with man,s scent. You stand a better chance
of being killed by a Hell,s Angel in Campo than a Grizzy in Washington. PS,
there have been only 5 recorded sightings of Hell,s Angels in Campo