[pct-l] Any Trail Problems?

Hey folks

As various PCTA volunteers, staff, agency partners and other groups plan
for 1999 projects on the trail (while some, in the warmer lower
elevation areas keep right on working, like the Eveready bunny) I
couldn't help but think that those who have hiked the trail in 1998 or
earlier years surely know of trail problems and maintenance needs.

Outside of Section O, which the USFS had done some work on  and where
they and PCTA volunteers, hopefully with some through hikers and
equestrians pitching in, plan on working this year....what other problem
spots are there?  Where are the worst areas needing brushing?  Are there
any severely eroded areas?  Washed out bridges?  Missing signs or
markers that really messed folks up?

If you know of any areas or will be on the trail this year and find any,
we really would like to hear from you.  If our volunteers don't tackle
it directly, we'll pass it on to the appropriate agency or local group
responsible for the section.

Thanks and happy hiking or riding!

Reuben Rajala
Director of Trail Operations