[pct-l] The six month timetunnel

Remember the old tv show timetunnel? That,s one benefit of the PCT. If you are
on the trail 4 to 6 months, news and music plus even clothes can change when
you come back off the trail. I remember hiking up to my Crater Lake drop and
finding out that Elvis was dead. Fleedwood Mac was being player every third
song on the radio. Cowle neck sweaters were being worn by all women ( ugly
sweaters ) when I came home. It,s like you are removed from the planet during
your trip. So now every time I hear I Fleedwood Mac song, I think of the PCT.
PS. I also have a 30 year old sigg achohol burner which will burn rubbing
achohol decently but really puts out the soot. (  It will boil water in 12 to
14 minutes with MSR windscreen )  This is the stove I loan my 16 year old son
so all other gear doesn,t come back in a melted down nylon-goretex heap!  Rule
of life #64, never give a young male a white gas blow-torch and plan on using
that tent combo sleeping bag again!