Re: [pct-l] Tents

Tom in Sacramento
I am very interested in the Eureka Grossamer. I am looking at tents below
three pounds and reporting on them for the list. Would it be possible for
you to bring it to LA when I have the Wanderlust and Stephenson?[or
alternatively, host the evaluation in Sac]

I have RULED OUT the Sierra Divine Lightning. I received this post from a
Divine Lightning user:
     The Divine Light was an earlier version of the Divine Lightening. The
     dimensions and features were virtually identical, although the earlier
     version was much easier to set up.
     I find that the Divine Light is great when I use it with a thin
sleeping
     bag that doesn't block the window down at the end. But with a thicker
     bag such as the 20 degree bag I used for the PCT, the window is
blocked
     and the lack of ventilation is a serious problem. It develops a
     condensation problem similar to what you have in a bivy.

     I used a Stephenson 2R. I strongly recommend either the 2R or 2RS.

Everybody I have talked to hates a single wall tent because of the
condensation. Also, single wall tent manufacturers discourage their use.
Now understand that most of my friends are not Ray Jardine followers and
the extra 1/2 pound for a double wall tent is worth it.