Re: [pct-l] Banning Horses? Nah!

Re: won't [walk in shit] because [packers] can't run a business.

This is my hostility to ANY business that uses public resources to keep the
prices down. [Like cutting old growth trees down because young groth trees
are not cost efective. We could fix that with a big tax on old trees] The
arguement that they can't make a living if they have to pay a big tax for
using public land [that would hopefully be use for caring for the land] is
simply unacceptable to me. The "middle aged ladies" that BJ mentions can
pay plenty for their wilderness experience.

To sum it up: My mom gets to ride a horse to the lake but she has to pay
the freight.

How different would the NPS and USFS budgets be if we charged $20 per
animal, per trip in season and $100 per animal, per trip during the early
season? [when supposibly animals do more damage].

Are people different? People have rights. Still, I like the idea that I can
pay for a reservation at a trailhead but someone else [with more time or
less money] can show up and get what's left over for free.