Re: [pct-l] Backpacks

I like the Frostline external frame pack. You sew it yourself.  I have had one
for 18 years.  You can find there products on www.frostlinekits.com if you
would like to see one I live in Loomis. The only drawback is that you have to
buy a frame and there is not much cost savings after you are done but you can
customize your pack during construction.  I made one last year for my 15 yr old

son and added  and extra pocket.

Owen Kittredge

PS if you are the Sacramento Area check out Adventure Sports in Carmichal they
have name brand stuff a whole lot less that REI.