Re: [pct-l] tents

My experience with tents is buy the best you can afford.  I have had $150 tents
fail in blowing rain on the coast of California.  The tents were 4 years old
and the rain came through the rain fly and you could see it in a mist within
the tent.  The brand was Quest Cornice 2.  The good thing to come out of it is
that my Northface Snowshoe sleeping bag with PolarGuard HV worked! I was
sleeping in water and kept warm.  When I got home I hung it up to dry and 2.5
cups of water drained out.  The lesson is to buy your tent, set it up and hit
it with the garden hose.

Owen K