Re: [pct-l] cramps/ new food

:I used to wake up with terrible leg cramps after a long day on the trail,
:someone suggested extra calcium, and now I take two extra strength tums
:every night before I go to bed

I usually take a multi-vitamin while on the trail, as well as some extra
calcium and extra anti-oxidants (vitamins A, C, and E), since I don't carry
lots of fresh fruits and veggies (huh!).

:As for new foods that may be off the beaten trail-

Well, perhaps not exactly off-the-beaten-trail, but I usually bring a block
of cheddar cheese -- it can last up to a week pretty well (except in the
desert), and is *really* yummy (read: lots of good calories!).

Karen
Albuquerque, NM, USA