[pct-l] Watch out for the Wise Use People

>Not everyone shares that view. Take retiree Harry Johnson, who has lived
>almost all his life in Lake
>``All this wilderness area is protected by state and federal lands,'' he
>said. ``We don't need any more
>locked up so that you can't use it for anything.''

Sorry if I sound a bit pissy, but these, well, phuckers, are part of a
group called the "Wise Use" movement.  They want to use land wisely:

1) First we log it
2) Then we mine it
3) Then we graze cattle on it.
4) Then we open it up to boaters, motorcycles, and 4x4 jeeps.

Basically they will justify their beliefs that the government should not
intervene in the way a man makes his living, or they will quote some
passage out of the Bible saying the the Lord gave us this land to use for
man's benefit.

I'm stopping now

Craig Giffen
Portland, OR