Re: [pct-l] easy pct?

> Who cares? I've never thru-hiked the AT nor the PCT, but I've
probably hiked
> 1000 miles of each. I like SPACE! so backpacking through endless
forest tunnels
> with no views isn't my idea of fun. To me, the PCT offers scenic
grandeur and
> magnificent vistas wholly unavailable on the AT. Isn't that why we
backpack in
> the first place...for the natural beauty of our surroundings? When
you compare
> the PCT and the AT from this aesthetic aspect, the PCT is a
breath-taking
> impressionist painting, and the AT a  seven year-old's crayon
scribble. You
> know what Jim Morrison and the Doors had to say..."the West is the
best." Amen.

I can tell you're a Westerner :)  I might be more inclined to defend
my Eastern mountains were it not for the fact that I've heard these
sentiments before.  Everyone has their own opinions and preferences,
as they should.  Wouldn't it be boring if our thoughts and our
mountains were all the same?  Vive la difference!
==

Mountain Dancer
ME ----> GA '99
CA ----> WA '00

"A CAMPING TIP: When using a public campground, a tuba placed on your picnic table will keep the campsites on either side vacant."