Re: [pct-l] Please don't take this seriously, I'm being a total wise-ass....

In a message dated 10/13/98 11:44:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
craig@newestindustry.com writes:

<< Does anyone know who makes a forest service approved "Car Can" to put your
 car into while you are hiking?  Are they required in Yosemite?  I would
 rather just make my own "Car Can" out of a 12 foot diameter corrugated
 steel drain pipe if possible.  What is the best way for hauling a "Car
 Can" to the trailhead?  A trailer?  Can I just rent a "Car Can" at the
 Ranger Station?  >>

When I think of the weight of a 12-foot drain pipe, I wonder if the extra
protection is really warranted.  Has anyone experienced any problems with
bears stealing theirs cars when they used the counterbalance method of car
storage?

Charlie