Re: [pct-l] Yogi & Booboo

Karl Brandt wrote:

> Uhhh...no way.

Uhhh...way. But just for the sake of argument, I'm going to check this out today.

> I'm hoping to get back to the Lost Coast soon. Is the Punta Gorda
> lighthouse still there? I've heard that the town of Shelter Cove is
> going to move it soon. That'd be too bad IMO. There's something
> magical about visiting an abandoned lighthouse all alone.

You have this factoid a little askew too old chap. It's the Cape Mendocino lighthouse
that is being moved to Shelter Cove, not the Punta Gorda lighthouse. The Cape
Mendocino lighthouse has the bad luck of being exactly on top of the San Andreas
fault  where it goes out to sea, so a lot of the foundation has fallen away down the
cliffs with each new earthquake. I've visited the site many times, and am sad to say
that the lighthouse really fell into disrepair since it was deactivated in 1950.
Anyway, it's been taken apart now, and is in the process of being moved to Shelter
Cove, a particular little hamlet that should be called "Pirate Cove" instead, since
it's only reason for existence seems to be to rip off tourists.

> Now that I've found a combination of boots and socks
> that work for me, I only get blisters while breaking in boots.

I wish I had $10,000 so I could try out every pair of boots that appeals to me.
Unfortunately, I'm one of those poor saps who can make that $200 investment only
about once a year. Once I buy, I'm stuck with what I got. I do like my Merrell M2s
though.