[pct-l] Re: Blisters

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Sweetnam <savamutt@razorlogic.com>
Date: Monday, October 12, 1998 10:51 AM

:I just spent a week hiking the Lost Coast Trail (blister
:beach) and the upper King's Range, and I'm here to tell you, that that West
:Point study hyped on CNN which said that people who put deodorant on their
:feet will get far fewer blisters...is all wet (it didn't do much for their
smell
:either). Anyway, I'm convinced, after 25 years of backpacking, that there
:s NO 100% preventative measure for blisters.

Too bad you got blisters. This summer I hiked the Colorado Trail (480 miles,
6 weeks), and got only one small blister which never caused any pain. Most
everyone else I met, though, did get blisters. I'm convinced that heavy
boots and fast hiking contribute most to blisters. Anyone else have any
ideas?

Karen