[pct-l] PCT-1999

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm planning on
thru-hiking the
PCT this coming Spring. I've been signed up on this list since
July and have enjoyed learning from everyone about their PCT
experiences.

I'm eager to meet other 1999 thru hikers in
the interim, and exchange ideas about equipment, food, and general planning.
I won't bother the list with all the general questions, but would appreciate
any advice on planning and preparation. (I have read Ray Jardine's book
as a start).

My one question for the day is the following:
Several friends have asked to join me on certain sections of the trail.
I was wondering what PCT veterans would say about this? My concern
is that my friends might not be in good enough hiking shape or may not be
interested in 8-9 hour hiking-days. It also seems a bit logistically
challenging
to arrange for rendez-vouzes on exact days. Happy trails.

Nathan Martin
Energy Analysis Dept., LBNL, Berkeley, CA
Work Ph: (510) 486-5137; Work Fax: (510) 486-6996
http://eande.lbl.gov/EAP/EAP.html