[pct-l] bjensen4: no "argument"

>I understand your views on campfires and human impact, but you don't
>help your argument by spreading false 'facts'. Mike V.

    Spreading false facts" is the bane of the internet, I agree, Mike. I
haven't let myself be drawn into flame-wars in the past and won't now;
why are you implying I have an "argument", BTW? That sound rather
combattive; I merely added some information to a perfectly-reasonable
post by another list-er - I was agreeing with him, in fact.
     Have a chat with the Wilderness Manager of Inyo National Forest
(usually at the Mt. Whitney Station; I'd be happy to send you any details
you need in private e-mail) for starters. I think you'll find that
anybody who uses a portable grill for a camp "stove" in a Fire Restricted
area of the backcountry (PCT or otherwise) is gonna be in deep doo-doo
<VBG> and shame on them besides!  The manager can explain to you the
difference between backcountry camping and areas where "motorized
vehicles" "buildings" "mobile homes" (the reg you quote) apply. IMHO,
there's a bit too much legalistic posturing going on nowadays, and not
enough courtesy/common-sense.....                  bj
-

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]