[pct-l] re: dogs on the PCT

> 2. Has anyone ever completed the PCT with their dog?
> and if so ... what were their issues?

Most attempts doing a thru-hike with dogs have been unsuccessful for the
canine, even with the special booties available. After awhile, most dog's
feet just can't take it. I did a thru-hike in '82. I met and hiked a week or
more with a couple from Ohio who brought their German Shepard. They had to
send the dog home because of this. They had leather booties for it as well.
I've heard similar stories. Sounds like after awhile, its kind of inhumane.

-Ken Marlow