Re: [pct-l] Re: Getting a citation @ Kearsarge

I just passed through Onion Valley/Kearsarge about 4 days ago.  I spoke with Ranger Rick who is the Rea Lakes Ranger supervisor.  He was very polite and supportinve of the ultra-light philosophy.  he did not mandate bear-canisters, as they have installed numerouse bear boxes all over the area, about every 4 to 8 miles or so.  He did say that there had been some maulings in the area because some idiot tried to get his fo away from the bear once the bear had control of it.  We did put our food in the convenient bear boxes and were out of the area after one night.  We did not see or hear even one bear.

peace,
Dude in TX