[pct-l] Weekend

At 07:18 PM 9/3/98 , Owen wrote:
>Oh - the joy of packing for a long backpacking weekend!
>So - where are you all going this weekend?

I'm heading up from San Diego to Seattle for Bumbershoot
and maybe a peek at the fabled REI store. Then I'm spending
a week with my 1998 Oregon PCT hiking partners in Eugene.
For photos from the PCT see <http://people.qualcomm.com/rmitchel>
The plan is to climb Mt. Thielsen and the South Sister. Ideally
I'll get a day or two of hiking in the Gorge too but now a
week is beginning to sound too short.

The trouble I had packing for this trip was the fact
that I have to go to a wedding and so the suit was crumpled
up and added to the pack, taking away valuable space. I
love travelling with a two day pack for a 9 day vacation.
I wonder how the airline will react to my hiking poles?

I've started dreaming about the next leg of my hike.
Will it be Nepal this December? Maybe New Zealand?
Or will I have to wait until April and start hiking
north on the PCT?

Cheers,
bob
---
bob mitchell
rmitchel@qualcomm.com
Qualcomm, Inc.; 6455 Lusk Blvd; San Diego, CA 92121-2779; (619)658-2971