Re: [pct-l] bear manners

At 09:40 PM 9/1/98 -0700, Tom Reynolds wrote:
>Why do I need to hike 2600 miles to understand what an extra 3 pounds
>means?
<snip>
> I have a real problem understanding why you don't agree that this the
>absolutely best solution today to keeping food from bears!

I think that you just made Jim's point. You have not walked the walk, so it is YOU who don't understand.

After  a month or two of walking, your viewpoint changes. A series of two week hikes spread over a few years to compelete the PCT does not provide the same change to your outlook and your soul as a through hike does.

You cary an extra 3# if you want to. I'll do something different.

The only problem, as I see it, is people like you always want to legislate others around you into doing things your way.
--
Hike your own hike.
Brick