[pct-l] Ages and ages walking north and south

Dad bug wrote:
I believe that distinction goes to my daughter, Joy.  She was 15 when we =

completed the thru hike last year.  For anyone that met her on the trail =
you
know that this wasn't a dad drag daughter along, I felt dragged along beh=
ind her
many miles: )  BTW I believe last year saw the oldest thru hiker. Batch =
was 75
when he finished.  Had the opportunity to meet this wonderful gentleman, =
hope I
can still go that strong when I'm his age.

The youngest age for a solo hiker goes to Eric Ryback and Tod Bloxham, =
though Tod hiked the whole thing. Like Ryback, Tod went southbound, in =
'93, and had to go south because he was finishing high school. So he did =
the wonderful walk at 18, and he's been weird ever since,...

Not that I'm any more sound after walking north last summer,...
Jeremy
PCT-'97

BTW, we've had the most incredible weather the past few weeks here in Sea=
ttle, about 70-80 degrees every day. Excellent year to go south!