[pct-l] "open" campfires-confusion

  S'me again!  I just got a mail chiding me for posting that a
(non-stove) campfire was an Open Fire, so thought I oughta elaborate.
There *are* some places that require all fires be built within existing
fire rings - they have particular stove-use rules as well. The Campfire
designation refers to *any kind* of non-stove fire -  fire ring (or big/
little, quickie/all-night, 4 cooking or just dreamily watching dancing
flames, etc) or no.
I wasn't trying to suggest that Brick flouts fire regulations, only
chiding him for implying that fire-regs didn't apply to small "cookfires"
as opposed to more ambitious ones...
   Sorry if confusion resulted from my post....    bj

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]