Re: [pct-l] Re: Chris Hardwicke

At 03:42 PM 2/20/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Greg Hummel wrote:

>> Chris,
>>
>> Yes, the fee is $596. which buys you a permit covering the entire hiking
>> period of 1998 and allows you to go wherever you desire.  It should be sent
>> to me at the following address at least four months prior to your trip and
>> with a detailed itinerary of your plans.
>>
>> Official PCT Permit Fund Collection
>> Route North
>> Campo, Calif. 90210
>
>	Even if we are not hiking the entire length of the trail, it's still
>600?  We are only planning to do about 350 miles or so.  Are you saying
>that it costs the same to hike a small portion as it would to hike the
>whole thing?
>
>Chris

Chris,

Say, I am really sorry that you took my note seriously.  This was just a
joke.  As far as I know there isn't a fee for hiking the PCT.  Notice the
bogus address:  North Route (that's the way it goes!), Campo, CA (that's
where it starts!) 90210 (that's Beverly Hills, I believe!)

Sorry for playing a joke on the innocent, but I just couldn't help myself.

Greg "Strider" Hummel