[pct-l] RE: Mammoth Lakes

My brother and I had a great time resupplying at Mammoth Lakes.  There's
a shuttle bus that goes every hour or so from Red's Meadow (on the PCT)
down to the Mammoth ski area.  I think it might have been $8 round-trip.
From there it is a pretty easy hitch down to the town of Mammoth Lakes,
about 4 miles away.  There's a great restaurant in town that serves HUGE
breakfasts, but I can't remember the name of it.  Ask a local, they
should know.  The place was packed out.  Very reasonable too.  The town
has a great supermarket, multiple laundromats, movie theatre, motels,
and numerous restaurants, including a great pizza place that had a good
lunch special.

Jeremy Rice