[pct-l] Fuel choice in a can stove

I don't know of any reason that you could not use white gas, gasoline,
or even kerosene in a can-type stove set up.  Soot will probably form
with all of them, and cold weather might make using kerosene a problem.
None of them will explode in the can unless you let the can get
incredibly hot, which seems unlikely, especially if you restrict
yourself to boiling a quart of water per use.

Who knows, maybe MSR and others have been selling us a bill of goods on
the need for expensive stoves.  Try it out at home, and if it works for
you, do it.  I wonder what Ray Jardine would say about can-type stoves,
given his love of inexpensive, lightweight gear?