Re: [pct-l] Whole dry milk

On 02/13/98 17:56:37 you wrote:

>Does anyone know of a source for bulk dry whole milk. All I can find in the
>stores is skim milk. The bulk food store here in Missoula says their
>supplier can't get whole milk any more. Any responses appreciated.
>
>Mark Dixon
>
>* From the Pacific Crest Trail Email List | For info
http://www.hack.net/lists *

While Walt & I were hiking the PCT last year we needed more milk because we
started consuming more than we sent.  This was a blessing in desguise!
California has a wonderful dried whole milk called "Milk Maid" -- it is
delicious!  I was able to find this on the shelf next to Carnation milk in
all the bigger towns, Idylwild, Big Bear, Wrightwood, etc.  Another dry milk
to consider is Buttermilk.  It can add a delicious jolt to your dinners!  I
forget the manufacturer (comes in a yellow hard paper container with WHITE
large letters spelling out "BUTTERMILK." I have seen the buttermilk
container at COSTCO here on the East Coast, also Giant and Super Fresh. I
have looked for the Milk Maid here without any luck! If you would like to
try some of the dried Buttermilk, I can send you some.  If you get to San
Diego early, look in the bigger grocery store there, they may have both
milks.  Hope to see you on the trail Mark.  Pat & Walt