[pct-l] Drying veggies, sunburn

I think someone else mentioned this before but it is worth repeating.  If
you cook your veggies before you dehydrate them--fresh or frozen--they
will rehydrate quickly.  I've had them rehydrate in only a few minutes to
one half hour and that is in cold water.  They are ready to eat.  On the
other hand, I've cooked dried, uncooked veggies 'forever' and still had
to eat them crunchy.

Another topic-I've sunburned through my clothes in the past.  If you are
fair skinned, don't count on clothing protecting you, especially at high
altitudes.

See you on the trail,

Beth in Portland, OR