Re: [pct-l] Re: PLEASE suggest a trail

The Long Path is 236 miles long, starts at the George Washington Bridge ( an
easy place to get to ).

 Takes following route:

George Washington Bridge - 0
Mt Ivy Rt 202 - 47 mi
Montgomery 17K - 92 mi
Bull Run - 143 mi
Palenville - 201 mi
Greene Country Rt 32C - 236

Book available from NY/NJ Trail Conference
Long Path Guide
ISBN 1-880775-00-X

Club listings in area ( and other states ) are available at
http://members.aol.com/hikenet

here's a description of the initial 11 miles in NJ to wet the whistle

                "The Long Path is located on the top of the Palisades
                along the west shore of the Hudson River, extending 11
                miles from Fort Lee near the George Washington
                Bridge, north to the New York State line. In fact, the
                view of the bridge that can be had from the beginning
                of the path is unequaled. The cliffs here form an
                extremely steep escarpment, rising 500 feet straight up
                from the shore of the Hudson River."
                -- http://www.nj.com/spotlight/hiking/longpath.html

Howie Dash has a nice web site at:
http://members.aol.com/howiedash/overview.html

Enjoy the Long Path.. tom 'hikenet' caggiano