Re: [pct-l] Seeking info for JMT permits.

In a message dated 98-02-03 15:37:43 EST, mdamish@bbn.com writes:

<<  I'd like to find out what permits I will need, and how to obtain them in
advance.  Any information is appreciated! >>

If you are beginning your hike in Yosemite National Park, contact the Yosemite
Wilderness Center. They can issue a permit (including the Whitney stamp) for
the entire trip IF you start the trip in YSN. There was a $3.00 per person fee
to make a reservation for a wilderness permit which can be picked up before or
until 10:00am on the entry date.

In '96, their telephone number was (209) 372-0740

Charlie Jones
JMT '96