[pct-l] Seeking info for JMT permits.

Hi,
  I'm planning a North->South trek of the John Muir Trail this summer.
I have a problem --- The trail guide for the JMT is currently out of
print/stock, and the new edition won't be available until sometime
in April.  I'd like to find out what permits I will need, and
how to obtain them in advance.  Any information is appreciated!

If you have an older version of the trail guide, "Guide to the John Muir
Trail", by Thomas Winnet", that you can spare for a couple of months or
longer, I'd love to borrow/trade/purchase it.

...Mark