[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #353

At 12:00 AM 1/11/98 -0600, Blister>Free wrote:
>Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 23:01:35 -0500 (EST)
>From: BLISTERFREE@delphi.com
>Subject: [pct-l] Northbound headcount?
[...]
>How many of us are there?

Good question!

>A PCT mailing list headcount might be useful in figuring this out, or
>perhaps not.  But its worth a check?

Indeed it is, at the substantial risk of appearing cliqueish or clubby.  I
wonder if your estimate of 60%-70% internet access among potential PCT
thru-hikers isn't a bit high?  Offhand, I can't think of even one of my
friends who are very into outdoor rec. that have net access.   I used the
WWW to research my AT thru-hike, and never stumbled on the several relevant
discussion fora.

Tangent: the outdoor shop I work for just put up a web page, and it is
*embarassingly* bad.

>[...] maybe folks could reply to this
>note with a simple "Present and accounted for" to facilitate better
>guesswork.

Sounds good to me -- see y'all in a few months!

Present and/or unaccountable,
John Drollette
PCT '98?!?

PS -- re: PCT-l #353 -- Right On, Dave Gomberg!  (no pun intended)