Re: [pct-l] re: http://www.395.com

Tom,

	I would be happy to take action against any account or reseller of ours
who violates our policy by spamming.  I do, however, need some further
proof that they are doing so in the form of a copy of the offending message
with full headers.  With this I can warn, suspend, or delete the account as
appropriate.

	Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and please forward and copies
of spam from our customers directly to me.

Thanks,
Brian

At 06:55 PM 1/8/98 -0400, Tom Caggiano wrote:
>Please check on the following report of SPAM abuse of www.395.com on
>your related firm. Thanks, Tom
>
>-----------
>

>>Subject:  http://www.395.com an e-amil spammer run amok???

>>Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 18:49:12 -0400
>>To: <kmarlow@ngs.org>, pct-l@saffron.hack.net, hostmaster@RAPIDSITE.NET,
>>        support@hway.net
>>From: Tom Caggiano <hikenet@interactive.net>
>>
>>At 5:14 PM -0500 1/8/98, Ken Marlow wrote:
>>>Charlie provided some much needed answers regarding the JMT. Thanks!
However,
>>> the site,  http://www.395.com although informative, has been a real thorn
>>>in my side, ever since I logged onto it about a year ago. The site designer
>>>(at hairy.net) sends spam mail regarding his "affordable Web site
>>>solutions". I wrote back to have my name removed from his list. He didn't
>>>remove it. I called, and he was the epitome of a self-serving spammer who
>>>sees no problem in sending junk mai via the internet. Avoid this site if
you
>>>don't want to get spam mail and please pass the word. Until we find out who
>>>his ISP is, ...... Its
>>>unfortunate that there's someone like that behind a fairly decent site.
>>>

>>>-Ken
>>

>>OK Ken the ips can be located by
>>http://ds2.internic.net/cgi-bin/dns.pl?name=www.395.com&resolver=&type=A&p
tr=do
>>&
>>auth=do&add=do
>>
>>just enter the web name for any location here I simply put in www.395.com
>>
>>>From there you can get the full trail.. these guys just rent space and here
>>is where the trail leads !!
>>
>>I have sent email to the ISP and their primary company, perhaps they
>>will do something to get you OFF that spamming list.
>>
>>I am sure the hosting ISPs do NOT want their reputation as a spammer...
>>

>>the answer is:
>>
>>Name: www.395.com
>>                                  Type: A
>>                                             Name Server:
>>                                             204.159.111.101
>>

>>  Record Type
>>                  Record Value
>>                  207.201.158.89
>> PTR Records
>>       PTR
>>                  www.395.com
>>                                                207.201.158.89
>> Authority Records
>>       NS
>>                  ns.nameservers.net
>>                                                Authoritative for:
>>                                                395.com
>>       NS
>>                  ns2.nameservers.net
>>                                                Authoritative for:
>>                                                395.com
>> Additional Records
>>                  207.158.192.61
>>                                                Address of host:
>>                                                ns.nameservers.net
>>                  207.158.192.91
>>                                                Address of host:
>>                                                ns2.nameservers.net
>>
>>so try the isp
>>is
>>
>>Rapidsite, Inc. (NS13225-HST)   NS.NAMESERVERS.NET
207.158.192.61