Re: [pct-l] Ankle brace?

I always thought I had "ankle" problems with symptoms
similar to those you mentioned here- tendon pain, easily
twists, etc.

...until I finally had a thorough foot exam- I needed arch
supports as most running shoes have only those
little foam inserts..hiking boot (even very good ones)
also seem to have minimal arch support builtin.

Once I got my orthotic arch supports (Dr. molded
my feet in plaster for exact fit) my "ankle" problems
went away. But I may have waited too long as I
have a knee problem now, casued by the upward
migration of instability from the foot to the ankle and
passsed onto the knee-- it all starts with a good foundation-
the foot- in my case now that I have orthotics my knee
"injury" may cure itself in a few months.

RJC