Re: [pct-l] Re: Personal safety on the trail

>I second the motion--NO GUNS--leave your fears and paranoias and phobias
>at home or in the city or where ever. It is NOT worth the weight and it
>is NOT worth the danger involved. MOST people are killed by someone they
>know or by relatives or by accidents with friends at home with their own
>guns that they own for protection.

The last comment is patently not true, if one wises to research the subject;
A recent study out of the U of Chicage by Prof. Lott, which is on the web,
documents theses things very well.  I'd prefer to see just the opinions as
opinions, not put forth as facts.  Craig is probably right about letting
this one drop; though I always welcome more opinions!...  :^)

Rick