[pct-l] food dryer

I too have used my American Harvester Snackmaster extensively, and have had
no problems with it. My only warning is not to dry more than 3-4 trays of
stew at a time or it may go sour before it dries.

My favorite dried food is banana leather. In a food processor, ad several
bananas, honey and coconut, and blend until quite liquid (severl minutes)
then pour on a plastic sheet and dehydrate overnight, but not too long, or
it gets crispy instead of leathery. I was able to trade it with other
hikers, because I had a lot of it, but what they were offering inreturn had
to be REALY good for me to accept the trade<g>

I tried using a dehydrater without a fan, and found it to be completely
unacceptable.
--
Brick Robbins
San Diego, CA