[pct-l] JMT

BK writes:

I have been reading the daily dialogue on the pct-I-digest and have been
fascinated by all of the information and philosophies and experiences.  I
just have one question.  When someone mentions the JMT section of the PCT;
 What does JMT stand for?

Everyone...ON THREE!! John Muir Trail in the High Sierra. The Pacific Crest
trail uses nearly all this 212(?) mile trail, between Yosemite and
Mt.Whitney. Arguably the most beautiful section along the entire Pacific
Crest Trail. The conception of this trail, taking a high route through the
Southern Sierra, was dreamed-up by a 15 yr. old Theodore Solomons living in
the Central Valley in the 1800s, and is in keeping with the PCT ideal of
maintaining a high-route along its north/south travel.