[pct-l] Re: Couscous pasta

>Does anyone have nutrition data or direct knowledge on the food value or
>practicality  of a Moroccan pasta called "Couscous". I tried some and found
>it very easy to make, tasty and fairly light in weight. The Couscous I found
>was packaged by "Near East",
>(1-800-822-7423), and comes in a variety with many different flavor packs.  I
>am  looking for an occasional relief from a diet of corn pasta. I would
>appreciate any advice.
Dave the nutrition data I have for 1/4 cup dry couscous is:210 calories, 0
fat, 43g carbohydrates, 7g protein.  We like it for lunch or dinner, if you
add the water about 1/2 to 1 hour ahead you don't even need to cook it. It
compares very favorably to corn pasta with almost the same carbs, and twice
the protein.
Bob n Joy